水曜日, 10月 11, 2006

Minbo no onna

I really enjoyed this movie more than I thought I would. It's a strange sort of plot, one that we don't see very often, it's not romance, not overly comedy, not too much drama, it's kind of a mix of everything. It really shows that Japanese people are normally very polite, they don't get hostile and offensive very easily. Minbo also showed how humble most people in Japan are.
I think this would be a very interesting movie for Hollywood to do a remake of, with a couple adjustments.
This movie also reminded me that Japanese people are less skittish about nudity. It's a bit alarming to Americans, but I noticed not in Japan. At a hyaku en store in Japan, you could buy a plastic, colored chest plate of naked pregnant woman (belly and chest). I never understood it. Anyway...Yeah, I liked the move.

Comments: コメントを投稿



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?